USAA™ One True Love Contest
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS VALID ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) AND THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF PRIMARY RESIDENCE AND ARE LOCATED IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Instagram or Twitter. Instagram and Twitter are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Contest void where prohibited.
SPONSOR: United Services Automobile Association, 9800 Fredericksburg, San Antonio, TX 78288.
ADMINISTRATOR: Promotion Fulfillment Center, 311-21st Street, Camanche, IA 52730.
1. WHEN TO ENTER: The USAA™ One True Love Contest ("Contest") starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on February 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. CT on February 7, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
2. WHO CAN ENTER: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who currently reside in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence. Employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors and agents of United Services Automobile Association (“Sponsor” or “USAA”), Promotion Fulfillment Center (“Administrator”), and their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Contest (collectively, “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, parents and children and their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
Entry Requirements: The Entry should depict the unique relationship between the Entrant and their One True Love. Only USAA® brand logos are allowed in the entry. Any Entry that includes a mention/image of any other logos or branded products may be disqualified. Judging of the entries will not be influenced by the inclusion or exclusion of the USAA® logo or name. Entrants may capture the photograph themselves, or Entrants may have another person capture the photograph. If someone other than the Entrant has captured the photograph, the Entrant must have permission from that person to submit the photograph and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the photographer upon the request of Sponsor.
Pictures may be in color or black/white. Pictures must be a single photographic image – not a collage of pictures/images. Pictures must also follow the rules established by the Social Media platform you are posting on.
Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete Entries. If a problem occurs while uploading the entry, Entrant should receive an "Error" message. However, the responsibility to electronically complete the Entry process and upload an Entry is the Entrant's and neither Sponsor nor the Contest Administrator shall be responsible for any picture not actually received due to incomplete or improper transmission. Similarly, neither Sponsor nor Contest Administrator has any obligation to advise Entrant of an incomplete Entry.
· Photo must be in .jpeg, .tiff or .png format, and must be able to be uploaded to the Website.
· Photo should not depict anyone other than entrant who hasn’t expressly consented to be included in Photo and should not depict any minors.
· Photo must be the original work of the entrant, have not been submitted previously to a promotion of any kind, have not previously won any awards or been exhibited, displayed publicly or published through any means.
· Photo must not disparage or misrepresent Sponsor, its products, Administrator or any other person, brand or company or their products, or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s name and/or any of its brands.
· Photo must not contain brand names, logos, or trademarks or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology) other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Photo in this Contest, or reference any celebrity or other public figure.
· Photo must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant.
· Photo must not contain nudity or violence, or material that is sexually explicit or suggestive, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or promotes the consumption or use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, or any activities that are or may be unsafe or dangerous.
· Photo must not contain any personal identification, such as names, street, street numbers, email addresses, or phone numbers.
· Photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, profession or age; Photo must not promote any political message or agenda.
· Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created, or otherwise be objectionable in Sponsor’s opinion.
· Entrant must not be under a contractual, employment or other obligation to provide the Photo to any other individual or entity as part of an exclusive obligation, first right of refusal or similar obligation.
· Photo must not contain any matter that is obscene, offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate in Sponsor’s opinion. The content of the Photo must not violate or infringe on any other person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright or privacy rights.
By submitting a Photo, entrants consent to Sponsor’s use and display of the Photo across Sponsor’s websites and social media pages, including, in a public gallery of Photos submitted for this Contest, and otherwise, as permitted under Section 7 (Entrant Release) below; provided that Sponsor is under no obligation to display any entrants’ Photos. If you submit a Photo that does not conform to the Photo Guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify your entry in its sole discretion and may remove the Photo from the Website and anywhere else it may appear. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or garbled entries.
NOTE: Entry must be made by the entrant, only on their Twitter or Instagram account. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other, social media site, web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Contest. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited.
Limit: one (1) entry per person per social media platform. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entrants may not enter with multiple names, social media accounts, addresses or email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times. Any person who attempts to enter with multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion.
4. SELECTION OF CONTEST FINALISTS: All qualified and approved photos and videos will be judged by a panel of judges (“Judges”) who will evaluate each entry based on the following judging criteria.
(#1) Fit to contest/category theme – 33%
(#2) Impact/Emotional Reaction – 33%
(#3) Originality - 34%
The entries with the nine highest scores will then each be deemed a “Potential Finalist”, subject to verification. In the unlikely event of a tie, Sponsor will select the Finalist from among the tied Entries based on Originality. Potential Finalists will be notified by direct message or “tag” on the social media site Entry was submitted on or about February 8, 2021. The potential Finalists will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release and other related documents required by the Sponsor (the “Finalist Documents”), within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential Finalists will not be eligible to proceed in the Contest until all properly completed Finalist Documents are received. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than nine (9) Finalists if there are fewer than nine (9) eligible entries or for any other reason in accordance with these Official Rules. Notification of potential Finalist status must be kept confidential until Finalists are publicly revealed by Sponsor. If a potential Finalist reveals their status prior to the Sponsor’s announcement, the Sponsor has the right to deem a potential Finalist ineligible. Finalist must respond within 12 hours of potential Finalist notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in the Entrant’s social media account/handle.
5. FINALISTS PUBLIC VOTE & CONTEST WINNERS: All confirmed finalists will be posted for the public to vote for their favorite Entry at
The top three (3) Finalists with the most public votes will be declared the potential Grand Prize winners, subject to verification. Any suspected or deliberate attempt to manipulate, or otherwise fraudulently tamper with the voting process, may result in disqualification of the voter and/or Entry, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Fraudulent tampering includes but is not limited to: (i) use of proxy voting, (ii) registering for multiple accounts and/or using multiple e-mail addresses to establish accounts, (iii) offering any type of inducement or compensation (monetarily or otherwise) to any third party, in exchange for a vote in any manner, or (iv) votes generated by a macro, script, bot or other fraudulent means in an attempt to manipulate the outcome of Public Voting.
The Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified within 2 days of the end of the Voting Period. The winners will be publicly announced on or around February 19, 2021.
In the unlikely event of a tie, Sponsor will select the Grand Prize winner from among the tied Entries.
Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by social media, telephone or email. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant’s email address and/or telephone number. All prize claims are subject to verification by Administrator. Regardless of whether or not you receive a telephone call or potential winner message, you are not a winner until your prize claim has been timely received and verified by the Administrator, your entry and eligibility have been verified, and you have complied with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Contest. The potential Grand Prize winners must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification or prize may be forfeited (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and awarded to an alternate winner. If a selected winner is ineligible or has not complied with these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or if any written communication is returned as undeliverable, the selected winner will be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a selected winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to the Finalist with the next highest score, even if the disqualified entrant’s name was publicly announced.
6. GRAND PRIZES: Three (3) Grand Prizes, each a trip for the winner and a photo shoot with their One True Love. Trip will be awarded as a $5,000 travel voucher through Sponsor’s travel Partner and can be used for any flight and/or hotel. Winner may select multiple guests to accompany winner on the trip. Winner will be responsible for any travel funds exceeding $5,000. Photo shoot photographer will be local to winner’s residence and will be selected by Sponsor at their sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $5,500. (Prize Restrictions: Winner and guest(s) must be able to travel between April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2023; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All travel details are subject to availability at time of booking. Grand Prize winner and his or her guest(s) must travel on the itinerary. Airports, accommodations and other Grand Prize components are determined by Winner. All expenses not specifically included in the description above (such as taxes, fees, gratuities and insurance) are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Guest of winner must have notarized, sign and return a Travel Companion Release prior to booking. Guest of winner must be age 18 years or older or if minor must be accompanied by parent/guardian. Winner and his or her guest hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide any form of insurance for any part of the Grand Prize experience. Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on travel and other arrangements. Any difference between the Grand Prize’s approximate retail value and actual value will not be awarded. If the winner elects to partake in the Grand Prize with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the winner. Sponsor also is not responsible for any cancellation, delay, diversion, substitution or other act or omission of transportation or accommodation providers. If any part of the Grand Prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of Grand Prize and have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner. All other Grand Prize details are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.) Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any component of the Grand Prize with a component of equal or greater value, but no other substitution or transfer is permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for Grand Prize delivery and is not responsible for the Grand Prize’s utility to winner. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes, fees and other expenses associated with acceptance and use of the Grand Prize. GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE FROM SPONSOR.
Total ARV of all prizes combined: $16,500.
All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor is responsible only for Prize delivery and is not responsible for the Prize’s utility to each winner. Any prize pictured or mentioned in Contest advertising or promotion materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded.
7. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT AGREES (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING):
(a) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CONTEST ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO (WHETHER IN WHOLE OR PART) PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR THE AWARDING, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE;
(b) That under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives any right to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damage, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses;
(c) That all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class or representative action;
(d) To Sponsor’s use of his or her name, address, photograph, likeness and other biographical information for promotional purposes (including the winner announcement) in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, each entrant grants to Sponsor and its designees and agents a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to use entrant’s Entry (including all rights embodied therein), and to reproduce, exploit, edit, modify, adapt, post, display, create derivative work of and distribute entrant’s Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, worldwide, in perpetuity for promotional purposes in any media, including, without limitation, online and social media platforms, all without any notice, payment or consideration to entrant and without entrant’s approval of any advertising or marketing materials. Entrants understand and agree that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by its own employees, many of which may be competitive with, similar or identical to the entrant’s Entry in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of the Sponsor's use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the entrant’s Photo.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES THAT “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
7. GENERAL RULES: This Contest is void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited or restricted. Contest Entities are not responsible or liable for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information associated with the Contest, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or unauthorized access to any website or materials associated with the Contest; (3) any injury, damage, or loss to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest; (4) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email messages; (5) any design, typographical or other error in Contest-related materials; (6) garbled, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, late, lost, undelivered or unprocessed entries; or (7) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted or cancelled.
Sponsor may prohibit any entrant from participation in the Contest if Sponsor determines that the entrant has acted in a manner that affects the administration, security, fairness or proper play or with intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrants or any of the Contest Entities. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant, the participant will be deemed to be submitted by the "authorized account holder" in whose name the email address provided upon registration is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Eligibility section of these Official Contest Rules. "Authorized Account Holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest, including any entry mechanism, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play, safety, and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest, or any entry mechanism, is suspended or terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any third party's failure to act in accordance with Sponsor's instructions pertaining to the implementation of this Contest.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION: By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and Administrator in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Bexar County, Texas.
9. WINNER’S NAME: For the names of the winners, send an email to email@example.com with “43199 WINNERS LIST” in the subject line. Limit one request per person/email address. Requests must be received by 11:59pm CT on March 30 2021. List will be sent once all winners have been verified.
Copyright © 2021 USAA.
USAA One True Love Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. Must be 18 or older to enter, or have reached the age of majority in your state of primary residence. Entry takes place from 12:00:01 a.m. CT on 2/1/21 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. CT on 2/7/21. See Official rules at usaa.com/onetruelove for details on how to enter, additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/restrictions/ARVs and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: USAA, 9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78288-0020.